BIOLOGICAL ALCHEMY !

Amw Amw at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Apr 6 02:31:16 EST 2000

Rob Virkus wrote:

> Robert,
>
> It seems like you believe everything. If this were true it would have
> been seen in the 1950's and widely known by know.  I'll bet you buy
> Hoyle's theory of Panspermia (life evolved on space and seeded the
> earth).

Actually this is not as far out an idea as it originally sounds. We've found
several organic chemicals in large molecular clouds in interstellar space.

But as a general theory it leaves alot to be explain. It simply pushes the
problem of the origin of life from here to somewhere else. While it expands
the time frame, it still leaves alot to be explained as far as the mechanism.

Ben