screening of secretory proteins

Dr. Bruce Terman terman at aecom.yu.edu
Fri Apr 7 13:56:00 EST 2000

I am studying a cellular activity that must be regulated by extracellular
signal, but I have no idea what those signals are.  It's pretty safe to
speculate that it is some peptide growth factor.  What I would like to do
is to prepare a cDNA library of only those proteins which are secreted from
cells, transfect the library into mammalian cells, and screen the
supernatants for my unknown factor.  My assay can be done on 96 well dishes
so throughput would not be a restriction.  Do you know if there is a
commercial kit, or other reagents, that would help in this endevour?

thank you
---