Plum Isle's Bugs Escape to NYC & Iraq?

*Because **NYC** Could Be BETTER!! rosaphilia at webtv.net
Thu Aug 17 09:32:18 EST 2000

x-posted for your consideration
00----->>
   Message Sender: cyberpark at treebranch.com From: KMasco at aol.com
Date: Wed, Aug 16, 2000, 8:05am  To: cyberpark at treebranch.com (CYBERPARK
Mailing List) Subject: Re: CYBERPARK:West Nile? Reply to:
cyberpark at treebranch.com
Subj:   Plum Island background in bio-warfare/WNV, etc...
Date:   8/16/00 7:23:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time
From:   ARTISTpres
BCC:   KMasco
  From Patricia doyle's site on emerging diseases
http://goddess-of-fire.tripod.com/index-1.html With the discovery of
vaccines to eradicate polio, smallpox, diptheria, and other killers,
and, the discovery of potent antibiotics, the last 50 years of the 20th
Century heralded a hope for conquering disease by the 21st Century. In
the 1980's it was obvious that we would not conquer disease when we were
challenged with the discovery of HIV and HCV. The 1990's brought us the
realization that our antibiotics would not be a panacea. Diseases
formerly controlled by antibiotics were becoming resistant to the drugs.
Diseases like TB were making a comeback and with a vengence. Our climate
is changing rapidly, and with this change, we are seeing emerging and
re-emergiing diseases not endemic to the particular areas of outbreak.
Emerging Diseases in the 21st Century/With a Vengence
How are these diseases emerging?
Fall 1999, New York area experienced just such an event. A non endemic
disease broke out in a "hot zone" in Northern Queens. Was this altered
strain a result of climate change or did it emerge from a Lab, Plum
Island, Yale, or some other lab? Plum Island is located less then 2
miles from the Eastern shore of Long Island, Orient Pt. It is less then
13 miles across Long Island Sound from our Submarine base at Groton, Ct.
(Pathogens deemed too dangerous to enter via JFK, are brought via
submarine and transferred to a Govt. Ferry to Plum Island.
Plum Island is a biolevel 5 facility. In 1996 SUNY Stoney Brook had been
considering joint experiments with Plum Island, using the biolevel 4 lab
at Plum Island.
Why then do we hear in the press, that Plum Island is seeking funds to
upgrade from level 3 to a level 4 facility? This request to "upgrade" to
"bogus" level 4 came on the heels of the West Nile like outbreak. March
1999 and also. during the summer there were a sequence of power outages.
Some background on Plum is needed.
March 1999, Plum island installed an undersea fiberoptic cable. During
the finalization of the cable, by STV Inc. all power to Plum Island was
lost. Plum Island needs power to maintain biocontainment. Plum Island
has had a horrific safety violation record and has been cited by the EPA
as late as Spring 1999.
In March 1999, the (now previous) Director, Alfonso Torres, gave his
resignation. A new Director, Dr. LeeAnn Thomas, took over in July of
1999. Some of the attached links prove that Plum is not a biolevel 3,
but it is a biolevel 5 faciliity, one of only a few worldwide. According
to Dr. Alfonso Torres and also Dr. Kiley of Plum Island, Plum Island is
the only biolevel 5 facility in the US.
Why would Plum Island seek the bogus level 4 upgrade after the outbreak
of the WNV? I do not have that answer.
It is theorized that Plum island needs funds just to maintain its
present biocontainment. (according to Dr. Kiley 1998 meeting USAHA
Committee on Government Relations.)
Plum Island had been working with Japanese Encephalitis since the early
1990's. Plum Island/Yale Scientists had even tested JE vaccine on HUMAN
VOLUNTEERS.
Background: 1978 bioaccident. FMD microbes escaped. Workers were
evacuated in
paper coveralls, lab animals were incinerated and the island was sprayed
with toxic chemicals. I have corresponded with a person who lived near
Plum Island at that time, and claims to have contracted Foot and Mouth
Disease, as was the case with other children at that time.
Was this same toxic spraying done March 1999 and other times when the
power was out?
http://www.nalusda.gov/ttic/tektran/data/000009/05/0000090536.html Yes,
Plum Island has been working with JE as the above link proves. Why would
an animal facility test JE vaccine on HUMAN VOLUNTEERS? There has been a
loss of the lobster population in Long Island Sound, Fall
1999.
Did installation of the STV Inc. Cable cause the hazardous waste that
Plum Island was cited for illegally dumping in 1998 to be drudged up?
Did this or toxic chemical spraying of the island cause the algal bloom
to become toxic and thereby cause the killoff?
Why did the Mayor of the City of New York, OVER REACT, and spray deadly
Malathion when he learned of 3 deaths of elderly people. He did not
follow legal steps to obtain a permit for the spraying. History of Plum
Island:
In 1954 Ft. Terry, a biowar research facility closed its doors on that
scruffy island. It handed over to the new lab, 134 strains of 13 viruses
collected from every Continent of the World. At that time, the prime
directive of Plum Island, was to find an efficient manner to infect
Soviet Livestock.
In 1969, President Nixon OFFICIALLY ended the biowar research program.
Plum Island, officially, became an Animal Foreign Disease diagnostic
facility. The advent of the 21st Century has the world in fear of
bioterrorism. Bioweapons are cheaply fabricated, easy to carry and
undetectable. Countries unable to fund expensive defense programs are
able to put together an arsenol of bioweapons.
Individual terrorists are able to strike fear into the hearts and souls
of Nations at just the mention of a bioweapon threat. In 1993, after a
10 year hiatus, Dugway Proving Ground began bioresearch. In 1983, after
a bioaccident which resulted in the anthrax death of sheep in
neighboring pastures, Dugway had ended its biowar research. Now, 10
years later, in the name of biowar DEFENSE, Dugway opened for business
without any opposition.
Dugway is testing BIDS (BioIntegrated Defense System). At first the
tests were conducted in liquid with "designer" simulants anthrax,
bottulism, plague and smallpox etal. Now, testing of the defensive
weapon is aerosol. The pathogens are (synthetic, a type of "designer"
pathogen) deemed no more harmful then bacteria found in dirt.
Only time will tell, I guess.
Now, for a PLUM ISLAND UPDATE I now know why Plum Island is a biolevel 5
facility. In 1970, just one year after President Nixon officially ended
our offensive biowar research, Plum Island was granted 10 million
dollars by the Federal Govt. The purpose of the grant was to research
the use of mycoplasma for use in germ warfare.
The original 10 million dollar grant was for a 5 year period. In 1975,
the funding was continued as the mycoplasma research was deemed very
successful. In the 1980's a young scientist had just completed his
graduate research at Cornell. He was hired by Plum Island to head up the
mycoplasma research project.
This scientist was Dr. Jawad Al Aubaidi. When it was obvious that
hostilities would break out in the Persian Gulf, he went back home to
his native Iraq, where he headed up the mycoplasma research at the Univ.
of Bagdad. I have recently received a letter from Dr. Aubaidi's
professor at Cornell, Dr. Carmichael. Dr. Carmichael pointed out that
Dr. Aubaidi was a brilliant youn researcher and a very nice person. He
also sent me a medline reference sheet for me to look up Dr. Aubaidi's
research prior to and while at Cornell. I am still trying to figure out
how Dr. Carmichael was able to locate my mailing address.
I had applied to the National Archives, under FOIA, for information on
Ft. Terry, Plum Island, and information about Dr. Aubaidi and the
circumstances of his untimely death.
I received a letter from the NSA dated June 5, 2000 regarding my FOIA
request. They informed me that the circumstances of the death of Dr.
Jawad Al-Aubaidi, and information on his research is classified in
accordance with Executive Order 12958. My request for information was
therefore denied. They further went on to state that such information
would involve breaching National Security and Foreign Relations.
According to Prof. Garth Nicolson, Dr. Aubaidi was murdered by the
Israelis. Yet, according to Dr. Carmichael, Dr. Aubaidi was hit by a
truck when fixing a flat tire. Dr. Carmichael said that according to Dr.
Aubaidi's wife, the flat tire and subsequent "Accident" was arranged by
agents of Sadom. Were the Iraqis responsible for his death?
According to Cornell Univ. Dr. L. E. Carmichael, Dr. Aubaidi and his
family were planning to move back to the US. At the time of Dr.
Aubaidi's death, Dr. Carmichael states that Dr. Aubaidi's planned move
back to the US was to take place a week after Dr. Aubaidi's accident.
According to Dr. Carmichael Dr. Aubaidi deserves better. I therefore, am
very interested in finding out exactly why Dr. Jawad Al Aubaidi was
murdered in such a manner.
I could never understand how the US and the Pentegon could insist that
biological agents were not used in the Persian Gulf. There was NO
MONITORING FOR BIOLOGICALS in place during the Gulf War. There was only
LIMITED Chemical weapon monitoring.
The BIDS moniitoring technology was not in place at that time. It only
commenced in 1993.
According to accurate and verified accounts, Sodom Hussein purchased
mycoplasma as well as other biologicals, which included West Nile Virus,
from the US right up to 2 weeks before Desert Storm. I have further
discovered that Plum Island had projects in which "clean" ticks were
infected with brucella. They also had a project infecting ticks with
African Swine Fever.
Plum Island Scientists, Dr. Fred Brown and former Plum Island Director,
Alfonso Torres have been working with BSE and other Prion diseases. It
is my contention that the disease we now call Lyme Disease, originated
in a lab at Plum Island. The funding for research would be covered in
the Mycoplasma grant.
The very first case of Lyme Disease was isolated in a youth, in 1975,
within a few miles of the dock where the Plum Island Government Ferry
boat lands on the Connecticut side of Long Island Sound.
I have heard that a young Connecticut girl who had received yet, not
responded to all known treatments for Lyme Disease, and who was dying,
was sent to the inhouse isolation ward at Plum Island and "emerged" from
that Animal Facility, totally CURED OF LYME DISEASE. When I first began
the investigation into Plum Island and its connection to the New York
outbreak of Kunjin/West Nilelike, I never imagined that Plum island
would be so immersed in biowar projects. In any event, I now know why it
was designated a biolevel 5 facility. At the time, 1970, it was illegal
to work with mycoplasma in the Continental US. As Plum island was and is
a top secret biowar facility, and it is an island, it was designated
biolevel 5 and given the funding to proceed with mycoplasma research.
So, indeed, Plum Island is a biolevel 5 facility.
For more info on this and other topic mentioned, please check out my
message discussion board at URL:
please send e-mail to the list moderator Dave Lutz at
"nosc at treebranch.com".
concerning the environment, open space, and related urban issues in New
York City.

       Learn more about me & then some!
http://www.interport.net/~rugosa/index.html
   BETTER LIVING Thru BeTTeR LiviNG!!!!!