Basic Neurology Question

Spin Glass spinglass at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 1 20:48:20 EST 2000

"Darren" <darren at hermes.ndo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:3a0af254 at news.netdirect-online.co.uk...
> Hello everybody, and first can I say in advance, thank you for any
> information that you may provide.
> My understanding of the theory has led me to understand that the whole
idea
> is that because the sodium channels in the neurone membrane are not open

Have you ever heard about Neuron? ... and about Spice for engineers ...
well, Neuron is some sort of neural simulator to really understand
neurophysiology, just building up simulated neurons with channels, gates,
synaptic mediator release, patch clamping etc ...you define every physical
parameter, run the sim and watch for every single variable, you could even
reproduce your real experiment "in silico" and then check results against
real life ones ... amazing uh? Go get it now it's free and it does worth the
time required to try the tutorials included and learn. Simply go to
http://neuron.duke.edu/

bye

     Spin Glass