"walking stick" insects

grider at techwriter.org grider at techwriter.org
Sat Dec 2 08:16:37 EST 2000

Does anyone know what kind of insect is called a "walking stick"?

I've seen them in the Ozarks, up to five or six inches long, thin as a
nail, with legs. (6?, 12?) Creepy things that make spiders appear
friendly by comparison. . 

A scientific name or even a phylum (arachnid, arthropod, ?)  would be
a help.


More information about the Bioforum mailing list