Hammond's Law of Auxology

Jacqueline Dyer jd6 at soas.ac.uk
Wed Dec 20 07:09:40 EST 2000

Mr Hammond

I doubt you are aware how frequently bio-info is made a forum for one
person's beliefs that he has found a proof of God. We are frequently taken
over by Creationists and others and thence ensues the volume of e-mail
we've all recently been experiencing. Such debates pretty much always end
up with those of a more 'visionary' nature insulting the biologists who
normally subscribe to this forum. It is not very interesting to receive
polemic insults through the mail and as a result, many people stop
subscribing. I think you've had your say and if anyone's interested, they
have your website x 100 times. So from now on, please could you reply only
to those who mail you, rather than the who mail list. You might think that
by making this request I am exhibiting huge ignorance as to the most
fascinating and significant scientific theory/proof/whatever the human race
has ever come up with, but frankly, I don't give a shit.

---