Genes, etc.

Ronald D. Barry r-abarry at ix.netcom.com
Wed Feb 23 13:10:43 EST 2000

Greetings:

I am a retired computer programmer, expanding my knowledge of the world
outside my former scope, and I have been reading (with great pleasure!)
all of the books of Richard Dawkins. However, I have trouble (possibly
due to old age) visualizing the actual structure and mechanisms of
genes, chromosomes, DNA, etc. Could someone in this newsgroup recommend
a relatively simplified publication, something on the order of one of
those Scientific American reprints, with lots of pictures, diagrams,
sidebars, and so forth, that I could refer to when I am confused about
what is going on down at the cellular level?

Regards, Ron Barry.