Volunteers & Scholars to Africa

Use-Author-Address-Header at [127.1] Use-Author-Address-Header at [127.1]
Mon Jan 17 01:22:56 EST 2000

Opportunities with Non-Profits

          A F R I C A N A    B U L L E T I N
          ________________________

          African Diaspora Network

\___ \___ \___ \___ \___ \___ \___ \___ \___ \___ \___ \___ \___

Below, find information on the following:

1]  the 2nd Int'l African Conference on Distance Education
       & Info Technology - YOUR INVITATION to volunteer, present
       or moderate; CALL FOR ABSTRACTS & PAPERS

2]  a Human Rights international "Rescue Effort" on behalf of an African
       American tourist wrongfully arrested on arriving in France

    *  Sentenced to 18 years without right to appeal
    *  If willing to correspond with this Human Rights victim, please
           find his prison address at the site; or send an E-mail
           message to the address below, and we will print out your
           message and forward it to his address in France
    *  Please send a letter of appeal on this person's behalf to French
           President Jacques Chirac; this will be an uphill battle for
           the freedom of this tourist

3]  ROOTS Educational Programs to Africa, Cuba, Brazil (earn credit)
           29 Study/Travel programs over the next 2 years

          Apply now

4]  African Universities: opportunities for study, research, teaching;
          Set up an exchange program with your university

          Go to:

             http://x26.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=557125743

5]  Join the AFRICAN DIASPORA INFORMATION NETWORK
           & receive opportunities announcements by E-Mail

           Send a BLANK msg (or ANY msg) to:

                 AfricaWorld at comports.com

           Reply to the CONFIRM request when it arrives;
           You will then be added.

\___ \___ \___ \___ \___ \___ \___ \___ \___ \___ \___ \___ \___

          A F R I C A N A    B U L L E T I N
          ________________________

          African Diaspora Network
          January 17, 2000

C O N T E N T S

[1]

     INT'L CONFERENCE: AFRICAN DISTANCE LEARNING & COMPUTER LITERACY

The 2nd Biannual Int'l Conference on Distance Education,
     Info Technology & Computer Literacy in Africa

     Dates:  July 27-30, 2000
     Place:  The new Royal LaPalm Beach Hotel -- Accra, Ghana

CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS, PRESENTERS, PAPERS, ABSTRACTS,
     MODERATORS, PARTICIPANTS

     All papers & articles will be published on CD-ROM;
          Contact Prof. Darkwa for the CD-ROM covering the
          First Conference, held in Accra in 1998.

This is your invitation to join with Conference organizers and
     volunteers, and to help make the 2nd International Conference
     another GREAT SUCCESS, and boon for Africa !!

Students are encouraged to arrange with their universities
     (under supervision of your faculty advisor or under
     Independent Study) to earn academic credit for assisting
     with, and participating in, this Conference; recommended,
     7 to 12 units

Please go to:

http://www.ghaclad.org/volu
http://www.ghaclad.org/ghaclad2000/admin/committee/index.htm

Message from the Chief Conference Organizer:

We are very excited about the upcoming Conference and we hope you
are, too!  We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Dr. Osei Darkwa
University of Illinois-Chicago
President, GhaCLAD Non-Profit Educational Organization
darkwa at uic.edu
http://www.ghaclad.org

Phone: 312-996-8508

Conference Discussion List

JOIN THE AFRICAN DISTANCE EDUCATION LIST
      FOR ORGANIZERS, VOLUNTEERS & INTERESTED OTHERS

Send a blank message (or ANY message) to:

      GhaCLAD-discussion-subscribe at eGroups.com

           and reply to the CONFIRM Request
           when it arrives a few moments later;
           you will then be added.

GhaCLAD Discussion List participations hail from all corners
           of the globe

Help Promote Conference

Please help with promoting the Conference, and with bringing
it to the attention of those who may be interested in presenting,
moderating, participating or attending.

Any such help would be particularly appreciated.

Discounted Roundtrip Airfares

Arrangements for discounted roundtrip airfares from key cities
internationally and tour packages (for those who can extend their
stay and partake in the extraordinary cultural riches of Ghana
and Africa) will later be posted on the GhaCLAD list.

There will be MUCH to see and do in Africa during the summer of
2000.

_____________________________

U   P   D   A   T   E
_____________________________

Abstract Deadline

Deadline for abstract submission has been changed from December
20 to January 30, 2000. Also, the deadline for notification of
abstract acceptance has been changed from January 30 to February
27.

Conference Paper Submission

Additionally, the deadline for Conference paper submission has
been changed from March 15 to April 15, 2000.

Conference Registration Form & Payment

Finally, the deadline for receipt of Conference registration form
and payment has been changed from March 30 to April 30, 2000.

The GhaCLAD Website will be updated to reflect the recent
changes.

YOUR ROLE

We are in the process of reconstituting all the Conference
committees. The following committees are being formed to assist
in organizing the Conference:

a. The Executive Planning Committee
b. The Local Planning Committee
c. The Activities Committee
d. The Academic Review and Program Committee
e. The Fundraising Committee
f. The Outreach Committee

For information on the activities of each of the committees,
kindly refer to:

http://www.ghaclad.org/ghaclad2000/admin/committee/index.htm

We are asking you to volunteer to serve on the committee of your
choice.

Please Join GhaCLAD

Find out how to become a member, to enjoy all the privileges
that come with being a member.

Prof. Osei Darkwa
darkwa at uic.edu

____________________

RE:

INFO TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE

Computer-Mediated Technologies & Social Development Issues
in Africa.

Dear Friends of Africa:

Conference details are located at:

http://www.ghaclad.org/conferences/ghaclad2000/index.htm.

This conference is one of the most comprehensive efforts
undertaken to date to assess the status of Africa and its
partners to design a blueprint for the continent.

GhaCLAD 1998 raised the general level of awareness of Ghana
and Africa to our need to become a knowledge society; to
strengthen our present knowledge-creating institutions; to
create new African knowledge institutions; and to use the
new technologies of communication to bring knowledge to our
nations from wherever in the world it is now available.

If you have been following events in Africa, you know that
important efforts are being made to bring its communities
into the age of communication and information. Initiatives
of many institutions have brought basic computers into
university classrooms and the offices of various
governmental and non-governmental organizations. But these
efforts have only just begun, and there is much yet to be
learned. That is why we are organizing GhaCLAD2000, to
assemble the best minds available around such critical
issues as using technology to promote education and health
in Africa.

The main theme for GhaCLAD2000 is "Moving Toward an African
Educational & Health Information Highway: Visions,
Opportunities and Challenges."

The theme of the conference reflects the need to design and
implement programs that enlarge our stock of knowledge,
programs that are realistic, affordable, and able to be
implemented in time to make a difference in the lives of our
citizens and the health of our nations.

All of our sessions will be focused on specific proposals
for moving into action.

We invite you to submit a one (1) page abstract for
consideration for presentation at the conference.  The
abstract should focus on one or more of the GhaCLAD2000
conference sub-themes.

Go to:

http://www.ghaclad.org/ghaclad2000/overview/cfp/index.htm

Other related topics will also be considered. The abstract
should be sent to:

        callforpapers at ghaclad.org.

We hope you can join our effort as a conference attendee in
July at the
launching of this global effort to bring all of Africa
online as a partner in the usage of information technology
for the betterment of the continent.

For conference particulars, including travel and hotel
arrangements as well as electronic registration, we invite
you to visit our World Wide Web site:

        http://www.ghacld.org

The site is updated very frequently with new information.

If you need to speak to someone about the conference or your
plans, please email:

        ghaclad at ghaclad.org

Or, call:

         312-996-8508

Please join us in this historic undertaking.

Dr. Osei Darkwa
darkwa at uic.edu

[2]

-  HUMAN RIGHTS: Update on the case of Barry  B r a i m a h,
        African American tourist given a virtual "death sentence"

  * * condemned to 18 years in French prison with no
              right to appeal

        A litany of Human Rights violations

        Guilt by association
        Presumption of guilt rather than presumption of innocence

        http://members.aol.com/FreeBarry1/index.html
        http://freeyellow.com/members3/justice1/justice.html

Depression; Beaten Morale:  Writing Campaign, Last Hope

Prison conditions are deplorable; suicide goes effectively unchecked
by French authorities.  Still a young man, Barry -- if he survives
to be released in 2012 -- will be nearly 50 years old, robbed of
precious years.

Please help to bolster Barry's morale: go to the above sites and
send a goodwill message to Barry (we will print out your message
and mail it to Barry in France).

Or, E-mail your personal msg to:  FreeBarry1 at aol.com

By writing to Barry, you are putting authorities on notice
that others DO care about what happens to him.  In general,
the more contact an inmate has with the outside world, the
more caution authorities exercise in dealing with him.

_______________

Your Letter of Appeal

Please send a letter of protest to French President Jacques Chirac
(find sample letters at the Justice site above, along with
Mr. Chirac's address in France).  We are asking the French President
personally to look into what has happenend to Barry at the hands
of French Justice, and to free him forthwith.

This has been an UPHILL battle for Barry's freedom.

Essentially, French officials have turned a deaf ear to all
reasonable discussion, and have been unwilling to face up
to the strong probability, and growing evidence, of having committed
an error in the case of this African American tourist.

Barry should not have been arrested in the first palce, and under
no circumstance should he have been given an 18 year sentence
not even with the right of appeal.  This is a pure act of inhumanity,
one that is effectively reserved, by and large, for minorities and
non-French in France.  French prisons are brimming, disproportionately,
with persons of African, Arab, West Indian, and non-French ancestry,
and -- as Amnesty has stated in its Country Reports on France -- this
is not by accident.

Please go to the Justice site and learn about the case of Barry
who was 1) wrongfully arrested on arrival in France
in 1994 (without the American Embassy being notified
as required by Vienna Convention consular accords, and
effectively without legal counsel during his first 7 months
of incarceration), 2) held 2 years without trial or bail
or opportunity to defend himself, and finally 3) subjected
to an inquisitorial process (wherein his defense could cross
examine neither witnesses nor evidence, directly) and
condemned to 18 years in French prison with no right to
appeal.

____________

INVITATION:  Join the Justice List; send any ANY message
      to BOTH:

      Justice at comports.com, 101716.144 at compuserve.com

with "Add to Justice List for Barry" in the Subject.

Reply to the CONFIRM Request when it arrives a few moments later.

_____________

Upcoming 7th Birthday Behind Bars

Barry's next birthday will mark his 7th passed behind
French bars.

You are encouraged to write to this American Human Rights
prisoner by posting a msg for him at the above site,
or E-mail it to:  FreeBarry1 at aol.com

A msg of encouragement or goodwill sent to Barry would
surely help to bolster his morale and help his survival.

[3]

     R O O T S    T R I P S

     S T U D Y ~ T R A V E L     (Earn Academic Credit)

     29 Educational Programs in Africa, Cuba & Brazil

Below, please find:

1]  description of the AASP Program; organizational goals
2]  list of 29 programs & tours; 1 wk, 2 wks or 3 wks in duration
3]  16 countries, including Cuba & Brazil, and academic themes
          of AASP programs in these countries
4]  dates over next 2 years, from Dec. 1999 to Dec. 2001
5]  fees, fundraising ideas & general information
6]  where to phone, or E-mail, to obtain the Catalog
          (be sure to also PHONE to speed delivery)
7]  pointers to the application & easy instructions
8]  the Website for more info; browse the PHOTO GALLERY
9]  Invitation: join the African Diaspora Network; receive E-mail
         announcements re: opportunities, events, conferences,
         jobs, internships, volunteer positions, etc.

    To join, send a BLANK msg (or ANY msg) to:

               AfricaWorld at comports.com

         with "Send E-Mail Announcements" in the Subject,
         and be sure to reply to the CONFIRM Request when it
         arrives a few moments later.

O P E N   T O   A L L

AASP
Non-Profit Educational Organization

Diasporan Programs to:

A F R I C A   ~   B R A Z I L   ~   C U B A

    Senegal, Ivory Coast, Mali, South Africa, Egypt
    Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Zimbabwe, The Gambia
    Madagascar, Cameroon, Mozambique, Namibia
    Brazil, Cuba

Earn Academic Credit

Sponsored by:

AFRICAN AMERICAN STUDIES PROGRAM, Inc.
Prof. Harold Rogers, President

PO Box 497327
Chicago, Ill 60649-7327

PH:    773-667-1285
FX:    773-684-6967

HRogers at ccc.edu
ABC at starmail.com

For more info, the application, or to browse the Photo Gallery, go to:

   http://www.freeyellow.com/members3/justice1/journey.html
   http://www.freeyellow.com/members3/justice1/page2.html
   http://www.earthcorp.com/journeyS

NEW DESCRIPTIVE 2-YR AASP CATALOG

Contains countries, program descriptions, itineraries,
dates, daily events, activities, fees & application.  Also, found
at Website.

It is recommended that you PHONE for your own copy of
the AASP Catalog, covering 2 years:  2000 & 2001

Or, E-Mail your full mailing address plus PHONE number to
Prof. Harold Rogers, at both:

               HRogers at ccc.edu, ABC at starmail.com

AN ORIENTATION MEETING, just before departure, will be
     held in New York City.  Indicate on the application if
     you want AASP to arrange your domestic roundtrip
     air travel to NYC.

____________

Schedule for ROOTS Journeys to Africa (from $1280)
Educational Travel - African Diaspora

For the years 1999, 2000 and 2001

             1999 = 99
             2000 = 00
             2001 = 01

____________

Black History Month Special To Senegal ($1280) *

Feb 6-13, 00                  Feb 4-11, 01
Feb 20-27, 00                 Feb 18-25, 01
(Requires a $150 deposit submitted with your
application)

____________

Senegal Special ($1752; with Gambia, $1822; December, $2002)

Dec 26-Jan 2, 99-00 *
Aug 5-12, 00                  Aug 4-11, 01
Dec 26-Jan 2, 00-01           Dec 23-30, 01

* If interested in participating in the December 1999 Program to
Senegal (departing SOON: Dec 26-Jan 2, 99-00), or in the February
2000 Program to Senegal, please PHONE 773-667-1285

____________

ROOTS - Senegal, Ivory Coast, Ghana ($3978)

Aug 5-19, 00                  Aug 4-18, 01
____________

           - continued midway down -

APPLICATIONS NOW DUE; PRINT THE APPLICATION FOUND BELOW
AND RETURN IT WITH THE DEPOSIT.

For other countries, programs and trips, please go to the website:

   http://www.freeyellow.com/members3/justice1/journey.html
   http://www.freeyellow.com/members3/justice1/page2.html
   http://www.earthcorp.com/journeyS

-  ALL ARE WELCOME:  Find pointers to the application at bottom,
         to be printed out

-  Ideas for FUNDRAISING -- proven to be effective -- are
         posted at the Website

__________________________________

New CATALOG Just Published (find countries, program descriptions,
     itineraries, dates and fees, below)

NOTE: It is recommended to PHONE for your own copy of the AASP
descriptive Catalog, covering 2 years:  2000 & 2001

          Phone: 773-667-1285; FAX: 773-684-6967

Or, send your full mailing address plus PHONE NUMBER to
Prof. Harold Rogers, at:

          E-mail:  HRogers at ccc.edu, ABC at starmail.com

AASP Educational Travel - Non-Profit Educational Org

      Internships, Study Abroad, Travel-Study, Field Study
      Academic credit - undergrad or graduate level
      Multiple programs with diverse themes year round

         Apply now

   A f r i c a  -  B r a z i l  -  C u b a   P r o g r a m s

 Internships / Travel-Study / EcoTours / Experiential / Study Abroad

AASP
   EDUCATIONAL / Travel Programs to AFRICA & BRAZIL & CUBA

   Offers an intense immersion in and exposure to traditional
   and modern life, a unique educational experience that is
   both career-enhancing and profoundly personal and
   relevant in our Global Village.

SELECT from among several different travel itineraries,
   program themes, and dates year round.

WHEN TO
    APPLY?

    We are now accepting applications.  Programs fill up
    fast.  Many reach close to capacity before our Catalog is
    published.

COUNTRIES:

    Senegal, Ivory Coast, Mali, South Africa, Egypt,
    Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Zimbabwe, The Gambia, Madagascar
    Cameroon, Mozambique, Namibia, Brazil, Cuba

ACTIVITIES, SIGHTS & SITES:

    Urban centers; rural villages; cultural and historical
    sites; geographic and natural landmarks; explore
    traditional life, linguistic and ethnic diversity;
    visit game reserves; attend dances and social functions;
    go on boat excursions; experience a unique blend of human
    warmth, vitality of spirit, and determination; leave the
    beaten path to see, feel and appreciate what few tourists
    ever would or could.

DURATION:

    Programs range from 1 week to 3 weeks, beginning
    variously in December, February, July & August.

    Special programs with particular themes may be arranged.

COST:

    Fees start at $1280  - we believe the lowest price
    anywhere for a program of this scope; includes travel,
    accommodations, breakfast & full daily program led by
    Prof. Rogers and colleagues.

ACADEMIC
 CREDIT:

   Students generally arrange with their schools, under
   Independent Study or under supervision of a faculty advisor,
   to earn academic credit -- recommended, from 7 to 12 units.

   Also, separately, you may earn 3 units (grad or undergrad
   level) through AASP's own university affiliation

WHO CAN
 APPLY?

   Participation is open to academics, professionals, students,
   non-students, persons with skills, current and future community
   leaders, and interested others.

   All are welcome.

HOW TO
RAI$E
THE FUND$

   See the discussion at the Website:

   http://www.freeyellow.com/members3/justice1/journey.html
   http://www.freeyellow.com/members3/justice1/page2.html
          (go to bottom of the 2nd Web page)

   Virtually ALL who attempt to raise the funds,
   do succeed.  There is a plethora of
   organizations, businesses, clubs, programs,
   charities, foundations, special funds and religious
   groups, as well as individuals, that -- if
   approached -- would likely be MOST willing
   to contribute to your journey.

   Enthusiasm, persistence and follow through are
   essential on your part -- as well as NOT fearing
   rejection.

GIVING SOMETHING BACK
   IN EXCHANGE FOR HELP:

   Offering to share your experiences and
   "give something back" to your campus
   or community on your return may well be the
   catalyst for others to want to help you.

   You can give a talk or show slides or a
   video of your experience, write or
   publish an article, appear on local radio or
   TV, or set up a program for others to have
   a similar life-changing, career-enhancing
   experience.

   The only limit to raising the funds will be
   your own imagination, desire and resolve.

   AASP is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, and
   contributions made to AASP on your behalf -- from
   individuals or businesses -- are tax-deductible to
   the fullest extent that the law permits.

   T W E N T Y   Y E A R S   O F   E X C E L L E N C E

ABOUT AASP...

The African American Studies Program, established in 1981, is
a non-profit organization committed to broadening educational,
cultural and political perspectives about African countries,
societies and peoples.  All are invited to participate.

                       . . . . . . . . . .

Message from Professor Rogers:

Dear Prospective Participants:

The African American Studies Program,
formerly known as the African American
Heritage Studies Program, is proud
for the 20th year to offer our
Educational Travel programs to
Africa, Brazil and Cuba, for the
years 2000 and 2001.

For the next two years we have added more
tours (e.g., CROSS AFRICA: West-East-North)
and have expanded the programs of some of
our traditional educational tours.

The African Diaspora is exciting and we
welcome you to join us.

Sincerely,

Professor Harold Rogers
President

"Off the Beaten Path"

Note:  Each program has a fascinating itinerary and
     rich daily content -- all details and daily
     itineraries are in the Catalog, and more
     info will be shared with you before departure.

These programs offer an intense immersion in
     and exposure to traditional and modern life,
     a unique educational experience that is both
     career-enhancing and deeply personal.  The
     AASP Program is profoundly relevant in our
     3rd-Millennium Global Village.

Here are the programs, dates and cost based on double occupancy
(triple for the Feb./Senegal-ROOTS special).  Itineraries, daily
activities & planned events are in the new Catalog, obtainable
from Prof. Harold Rogers.

These prices apply for the years 2000 & 2001.

Please re-confirm cost & dates in 2001.

______________

Black History Month Special To Senegal ($1280)

Feb 6-13, 00                  Feb 4-11, 01
Feb 20-27, 00                 Feb 18-25, 01
(Requires a $150 deposit submitted with
application)
____________

Senegal Special ($1752; with Gambia, $1822; December, $2002)

Aug 5-12, 00                  Aug 4-11, 01
Dec 26-Jan 2, 00-01           Dec 23-30, 01
____________

ROOTS - Senegal, Ivory Coast, Ghana ($3978)

Aug 5-19, 00                  Aug 4-18, 01
____________

Historical Egypt ($3706)

Aug 6-20, 00                  Aug 5-19, 01
____________

Ancient & Future Societies
     Senegal, Mali, South Africa ($5164)

Aug 5-27, 00                  Aug 4-26, 01
____________

Cairo to Johannesburg
     Egypt, Ethiopia, Kenya, Zimbabwe, South Africa ($5004)

July 14-Aug 1, 00             July 13-July 31, 01
____________

Brazil to South Africa; Zimbabwe, optional ($4626)

July 15-Aug 3, 00             July 14-Aug 2, 01
____________

While open to everyone, the Ancient & Future Societies,
Cairo-Joberg, Brazil-South Africa-Zimbabwe,
New Societies, African Influence in the Diaspora,
and Art in Mali, Ghana & Cameroun trips are especially
aimed at those sticken by wanderlust and an
insatiable hunger for adventure and learning.

____________________________________

Other Trips for the years 2000 & 2001

African Influence in the Diaspora--Cuba and Brazil ($3380)

July 15-Aug 9, 00             July 14-Aug 8, 01
____________

African Roots in Cuba ($1400)

Aug 14-25, 00                 Aug 13-24, 01
____________

Art in Mali, Ghana & Cameroun ($3600)

July 15-31, 00                July 14-30, 01
____________

New Societies - South Africa, Mozambique & Namibia ($4350)

July 22-Aug 8, 00            July 21-Aug 7, 01

____________________________

CROSS AFRICA (West-East-North)
"Different" Trip for Special People

Senegal, Ghana, Kenya, Ethiopia & Egypt with a
possible optional week in Europe ($6011)

Dates are July 8-30, 00; July 7-29, 01

Each year, we have special trips aimed at (but not
limited to) those who have traveled extensively
or who have traveled with us on previous trips.

Like the programs mentioned above, this trip is open to
anyone, but is structured for those who are driven by
wanderlust and a hunger for adventure and learning.

____________

T H E   A P P L I C A T I O N

Print it out at:

     http://www.freeyellow.com/members3/justice1/journey.html
     http://www.earthcorp.com/journeys

For the PHOTO GALLERY, go to:

     http://www.freeyellow.com/members3/justice1/page2.html

____________

COST OF PROGRAM INCLUDES

** Room and Board:  Breakfast each day
    on each trip.  Special meals on each
    trip when indicated in the Catalog.

** Housing:  First class hotels, double
    occupancy, private baths unless
    otherwise indicated.  Private room is extra.

** All Field Trips and Tour Expenses:
    These are included in the program
    cost. Included are round trip transfers
    to the airport and hotel outside the
    US.

** All Lectures and Park Fees: this includes dance group fees,
    museums, game parks, boat trips and other special events

________________________________

Join the AFRICAN DIASPORA INFO NETWORK
    and receive announcements of opportunities by E-mail

Follow instructions at bottom.

_____________________

INFORMATION ON THE WEB

For additional information on the AASP ROOTS Educational Programs
to the African Diaspora, or to browse the PHOTO GALLERY,
or to print out the application, please go to:

   http://www.freeyellow.com/members3/justice1/journey.html
   http://www.freeyellow.com/members3/justice1/page2.html
   http://www.earthcorp.com/journeyS

[4]

A f r i c a n
U n i v e r s i t i e s

Academic Exchanges

Excellent opportunities exist to do undergraduate or graduate
studies, or to do research, at an African university. Excellent
possibilities also exist for faculty to teach in African
universities.

Living and studying, or working, in Africa would be an experience
without equal.

Set up an exchange program, and be its first ambassador.

           Go to:

           http://x26.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=557125743

______________________________

Other Resources:

Vast information network pertaining to Africa & opportunities

  http://www.isp.msu.edu/ncsa/volteer.htm
  http://www.isp.msu.edu/ncsa/

  http://www.muk.ac.ug/

http://www.sas.upenn.edu/African_Studies/About_African/WWW_Links.html

For additional resources, go to:

  http://www.sas.upenn.edu/African_Studies/

Research, Funding & Work in Afirca

http://www.sas.upenn.edu/African_Studies/Grants/menu_Grants.html
  http://www.matrix.msu.edu/jobs/
  http://polyglot.lss.wisc.edu/afrst/joblinks.html

For info on Africa-related E-mail discussion lists, such as
  H-Africa and NuAfrica, go to:

  http://www-sul.stanford.edu/depts/ssrg/africa/email.html

The Electronic Technology Group list:

  http://www.sas.upenn.edu/African_Studies/ASA/etg_missn.html

[5]

African Diaspora Information Network

Receive ANNOUNCEMENTS by E-Mail

    African Diaspora Network : AfricaWorld at comports.com

and reply to the CONFIRM request when it arrives
a few moments later.  You will then be added.

___________________

Please find a long list of orgs & progs offering volunteer
     & internship opptys at:

     http://x10.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?AN=414548873
     http://www.comports.com/AfricaVolunteers

GRANTS & SCHOLARSHIPS -- Africa-related; unusual opportunities
     http://www.afsc.org/qic/volXVI.htm

INTERNSHIPS - Africa, USA & elsewhere
     http://www.afsc.org/qic/volVII.htm

Wildnet-Africa: Wildlife & Ecology Jobs Offered
     Managers, researchers, research assistants,
     rangers, guides, rehabilitators, etc

http://www.wildnetafrica.com/jobspot/wildlife_jobs_offered.html

Worldwide Classroom
Sites with lists of int'l programs and opportunities
     of all kinds:

     http://www.worldwide.edu
     http://www.studyabroad.com
     http://www.internships.com

Volunteer (Missionary) work
Over 1000 global missions; volunteer opportunities with
     religious organizations:

     http://www.globalmission.org/go.htm
     http://x10.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?AN=414548873
     http://www.afsc.org/qic/volVII.htm

Michigan State University site (MUST VISIT):
     http://www.isp.msu.edu/ncsa/volteer.htm  (MANY listings)
     http://www.isp.msu.edu/ncsa/

UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA / UPENN site (MUST VISIT):

     Compendious listings of programs &
     organizations that impact the Diaspora:

Begin at: http://www.sas.upenn.edu/African_Studies/AS.html

     For SEARCH Queries: Go to
     http://www.sas.upenn.edu/Search/AS-search.html

     Africa: Relief Work & Conflict
http://www.sas.upenn.edu/African_Studies/About_African/ww_ngo.html

To receive future E-mail announcements on
jobs, internships, volunteer positions,
conferences, events, festivals and news,
you are invited to join the African Diaspora
Info Network.

Send a BLANK msg (or ANY msg) to:

    African Diaspora Network : AfricaWorld at comports.com

and reply to the CONFIRM request when it arrives
a few moments later.  You will then be added.

Thank you,

Cecil Washington, Jr.
Editor
UC Berkeley / Oberlin College

E-Mail:  International_Program at Juno.com

Toll-free:  1-888-830-5749  xt 1911

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.