Poll - the human genome project - what benefits?

voteserve newsNOneSPAM at voteserve.co.uk.invalid
Thu Jun 8 07:09:14 EST 2000

Hi there,

Now that scientists are nearing the completion of the Human
Genome Project, mapping the entire human genome, it is time to
start wondering who will benefit from the efforts of the
biotechnology companies and institutions. I'm carrying out a
poll on my website, and wondered if you'd like to give your
expert opinion. The question is:

Who will benefit from the mapping of the human genome?
- Scientists
- Biotechnology companies
- Sufferers of genetic diseases
- The whole of society
- No-one

Results so far suggest that almost 40% of people think that the
whole of society will benefit. What do you think? If you'd like
to vote, go to:

http://www.voteserve.com/vs/main?p_dsn_id=1435&p_flr_id=8#1435

Also, there are more interesting polls in the Science section -
including biology, physics and medicine.

Thanks for your time,  voteserve

http://www.voteserve.com/
The online voting and discussion forum
where members can earn shares