NASC release new version of Arabidopsis genome database

Keith Bradnam keith at thale.nott.ac.uk
Wed Nov 8 06:26:15 EST 2000

http://ukcrop.net/agr/

To coincide with the (near) completion of the Arabidopsis genome sequence,
the Nottingham Arabidopsis Stock Centre (NASC) have released an updated
and vastly improved version of the Arabidopsis Genome Resource (AGR).
Running off a new, and much faster, server AGR provides quick access to a
wide range of Arabidopsis-related information.  This includes:

*All* available Arabidopsis sequences taken from: EMBL (updated daily),
TREMBL, SWISSPROT, and other public sources (e.g. a wide range of
sequenced insertion sites from many different lines).

Detailed maps and marker information for all five chromosomes (with
details of over 1,100 RI markers).

Information on nearly 2,000 Arabidopsis-related papers with links to
corresponding sequences, patents, etc.

Millions of pre-computed intra- and inter-specific blast homologies
which links to information on over 2,000 other plant species.

Detailed Germplasm information for over 10,000 lines from NASC with direct
links to the NASC stock catalogue.

We also run a blast server that allows users to search against our
Arabidopsis sequence data (or alternatively you can search against
sequences from any of the other 31 ACEDB plant-related databases held on
our site).

Finally, we offer a chance to see if a knock-out version of your gene of
interest is available. Use our insert sequence blast server to search
against our database of insert sequences.  If you find a match you can
then order the corresponding stocks (if available) from NASC.
See http://ukcrop.net/agr/insert.html or http://nasc.nott.ac.uk/blast.html
for more details.

There is also a great deal of additional information in AGR that cannot
all be listed here, but everything that is in AGR can be searched
directly and easily from:

http://ukcrop.net/agr/

AGR is based at the Nottingham Arabidopsis Stock Centre
(http://arabidopsis.org.uk) and is part of the UK CropNet project
(http://ukcrop.net) - a program to develop, manage, and distribute
information relating to comparative mapping and genome research in crop
plants.

Keith Bradnam

~  Keith Bradnam - Developer, Arabidopsis Genome Resource (AGR)
~  Nottingham Arabidopsis Stock Centre - http://nasc.nott.ac.uk/
~  University Park, University of Nottingham, NG7 2RD, UK
~  Tel: (0115) 951 3091