Advice needed - coating for fragile glassware

David Carr d-carr2 at northwestern.edu
Wed Sep 6 07:52:49 EST 2000

We are having a butterfingers problem in our lab and I am seeking some
advice.  I am trying to find out if there is some product (e.g. plastic,
resin) that we can use to coat the outside of some of our more delicate (and
expensive) glassware to prevent or reduce the amount of breakage we have
been experiencing.

Something commercially available would be preferable, but I'm open to almost
anything.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide

Dr. David Carr
Department of Physiology
Northwestern University

--
Paul J. Franklin (moderator - sci.chem.organic.synthesis)
http://chemistry.gsu.edu/post_docs/koen/wnewshp.html