Advice needed - coating for fragile glassware

Gabriel Tojo qogatojo at
Wed Sep 6 14:30:24 EST 2000

David Carr wrote:
> We are having a butterfingers problem in our lab and I am seeking some
> advice.  I am trying to find out if there is some product (e.g. plastic,
> resin) that we can use to coat the outside of some of our more delicate (and
> expensive) glassware to prevent or reduce the amount of breakage we have
> been experiencing.
> Something commercially available would be preferable, but I'm open to almost
> anything.

Having good-quality glassware and work-force helps.

Both are commercially available at a certain price.

Best regards.

Gabriel Tojo
Internet Scientific Consultant in Organic Synthesis
Profesor Titular de Química Orgánica
Royal University of Santiago de Compostela
Paul J. Franklin (moderator -
Georgia State University <chepjf at>
Atlanta, GA