Shimadzu's bottom line is sagging!

shit_madzu at my-deja.com shit_madzu at my-deja.com
Sat Sep 16 14:54:25 EST 2000

Shimadzu's bottom line is sagging!

The end of this fiscal year (31 March 2000) for Shimadzu Corporation is
an excellent time to sum up the results in lost sales which Shimadzu has
missed out on, in part, due to the persistent presence of this audacious
homepage, namely the Shimadzu Consumer Alerts website. As of 31 March
2000, we received over 300 unsolicited responses from prospective
customers who have completed our website survey and stated that they
won't be doing business with Shimadzu. These responses translate into
the following lost dollar amounts for Shimadzu :-)

36 GC x $15,000 = $540,000
89 HPLC x $30,000 = $2,670,000
27 LC/MS x $100,000 = $2,700,000
64 GC/MS x $50,000 = $3,200,000
18 MALDI x $100,000 = $1,800,000
121 UV/Vis x $10,000 = $1,210,000
43 TOC x $25,000 = $1,075,000
8 AA x $25,000 = $200,000
52 Fluorescence x $10,000 = $520,000

The grand total comes to ~ $13,915,000 in lost sales for Shimadzu. You
could say that we're proud of our accomplishments, but our work remains
unfinished.... stay tuned!

n.b. The 13.9 million dollar figure is a very conservative estimate. The
real cost that will never be known is from prospective customers who
have watched from the sidelines as horrified onlookers who wouldn't give
Shimadzu the time of day at this point!

n.b. According to the Shimadzu Financial Summary for the year ended
March 31, 2000, Shimadzu net sales and income continues to lull below
those figures reported for the year ended March 31, 1992. That's 8 years
of stagnant growth and 8 years of substandard performance. That's also 8
years of inferior products which customers have shunned in droves!

n.b. While most other analytical instrumentation vendors have witnessed
double digit growth year after year, Shimadzu has watched their numbers
decline by single digits thru most of the 1990s. Do you want this crap
in your lab?

    Other HPLC companies pump promises.... Shimadzu just sells SH*T!

FYI:
http://surfin.to/shimadzu
http://shimadzu.home-page.org
http://www.geocities.com/shitmadzu