From the department of moronic science journalism

Richard P. Grant rpg14 at yahoo.co.uk.invalid
Fri Apr 27 09:26:04 EST 2001

These guys have given up trying - and I thought the BBC were good at
this sort of stuff. . .

<http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_1300000/1300596.stm>

'The mouse and the human are very similar at a genetic level - the mouse
genome contains about 2.6 billion base pairs of DNA compared with 2.9
billion base pairs in the human genome - making the rodent an invaluable
tool in laboratory studies'

[BBC, 27Apr01]

--
Richard P. Grant                                     MRC Lab of Mol Biol
rpg 'at' mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk   http://www2.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/personal/rpg/