From the department of moronic science journalism

Richard P. Grant rpg14 at
Fri Apr 27 09:26:04 EST 2001

These guys have given up trying - and I thought the BBC were good at
this sort of stuff. . .

'The mouse and the human are very similar at a genetic level - the mouse
genome contains about 2.6 billion base pairs of DNA compared with 2.9
billion base pairs in the human genome - making the rodent an invaluable
tool in laboratory studies'

[BBC, 27Apr01]

Richard P. Grant                                     MRC Lab of Mol Biol
rpg 'at'
                -- 'No, Mr Bond, I expect you to die.' --