Ribozymes

Petra Kowalski kowalskp at wadsworth.org
Wed Feb 7 16:41:09 EST 2001

Hallo,
I want to express a ribozyme in a bidirectional vector (clontech).
The problem is, that the vector has an very long termination site,
derived from the beta globin gene from rabbit (1200bp). I fear that
such a long tail could interfere and probably inactivate the
ribozyme. Therefore I want to cut off parts of the termination
p(polyA) site. Clontech's customer support couldn't tell, which part
of the polyA site is really essentiel. I appreciate any suggestions
which could solve my problem very much.  Thank's in advance Petra
Kowalski

---