protein disulphide bonds

Richard P. Grant rpg14 at
Thu Feb 15 08:31:01 EST 2001

In article
<BCF559166A17D411BDF70050DA3CF3043FFA3C at>,
Lyndsay_Smith at (Lyndsay Smith) wrote:

> I'm interested in some information on disulphide bond formation in
> proteins.
> I've read that disulphide bonds are more stable in extracellular proteins
> than in cytosolic proteins. My query is are disulphide bonds stable in
> nuclear proteins?

Think about reducing potentials.

PS Your confidentiality notice is a laugh, considering this is a public
forum.  I know, you've prolly got some IT manager who insists on it . . .

Richard P. Grant                                     MRC Lab of Mol Biol
rpg 'at'
                -- 'No, Mr Bond, I expect you to die.' --