fingerprints

Richard P. Grant rpg14 at yahoo.co.uk.invalid
Fri Mar 2 08:15:03 EST 2001

In article <000a01c0a2c0$8333bb40$cbe68018 at ne.mediaone.net>,
deborah.doherty at mediaone.net ("deborah doherty") wrote:

> hello this is melissa i am an identical twin. i did an expirement on
> finger prints (for my science project). i figuered out that identical
> twins do not have the same fingerprints!!!!

Hello Melissa (or Deborah . . .),

I am pleased that you are excited about your result.  What do you think
it tells you about the genetic basis of fingerprints?  How do you think
different fingerprints arise?

And does this mean that your parents will now buy a fingerprint kit so
that they can tell whether it was you or your sister who wrecked the
car?  :-))

Richard

--
Richard P. Grant                                     MRC Lab of Mol Biol
rpg 'at' mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk   http://www2.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/personal/rpg/