Professionals and Academics Network

Professionals and Academics Network ads at ProAcad.com
Wed Mar 7 07:34:44 EST 2001

Greetings everyone.  First of all the reason for using IE5.x was not a
conspiracy by Bill Gates :)

I restrict access to IE5.x users because I built this application using
Visual Basic script and XML/XSL (an acronym for Extensible Markup
Language/Extensible Stylesheet Language), both technologies in my opinion
enabled a fast turn-around and an efficient application display without
having you downloading executable files to your PC.

The reason for asking you to register is to allow you access to ProAcad's
database to feed your business contact information, your academic standings,
your professional achievements and any other criteria that you wish people
to find you based on.  I do not fill the information for you because my
strategy in this application is to have you manage and customize your
display categories and to have the program grows in the direction that you
wish.

The visitors to the site who wish to locate you will not be required to
register.  This search function is being currently developed.  I expect it
release before the end of March 2001.  I thought that I get your enrolment,
testing, and satisfaction first with the data and the processes of the site,
add any modifications that you see required before I release the search
function to the general public.  Again I am trying to customize this
application to the way you want.

Another reason for registering is to prevent quacks from posting info to my
database.   In the past 2 weeks, after I advertised this project, my
experience was that real people are not shy to write down their professional
information (because they want it advertised anyways).  After a potential
member registers, a support staff at ProAcad reviews his/her registration
data to ensure its quality before giving access to update the database.  Any
change that a registered member adds will be reflected immediately therefore
I require accountability.  For example if someone adds a search category
(i.e. a criteria based on which an information searcher can locate him/her)
it will be added to the list of searchable categories that everyone else
will see.

I got positive feedback from those who registered and tried the interface.
They enjoy being participants in defining what they want to see in the
interface.

Notice that currently this service is for free and members can unsubscribe
and remove their records anytime if they are not satisfied.  Each member
manages his/her own data within ProAcad and decides what is confidential
what is to be advertised. The member's obligation is to provide accurate
information about his/her professional and academic standing.

I look forward to having you as members.  If you have any questions please
write to support at proacad.com.

Regards,
Phillip Williams,
President, WEBSWAPP Canada Inc.