Professionals and Academics Network

Professionals and Academics Network ads at ProAcad.com
Thu Mar 8 06:49:54 EST 2001

Arthur; I looked at your website whose link you put under your signature.

Nothing in ProAcad requires you to disclose more information than what you
already have published on your website to the entire world!  You don't have
to fill in a FAX number on ProAcad  if you do not want to!

The value added in ProAcad is to connect all those individually scattered
advertisements such as yours through one central database.  In your case
when you register as a member in ProAcad you will only disclose the same
information you already disclose on your website and get, in addition, a
link to your website!

ProAcad does not sell or provide the members information to any third party
for advertising or any other purpose.

So where is the problem here?!

You brushed against the topic of Internet security!   Is your website
secure?  Your website is composed of a sequence of HTML pages!  At ProAcad I
employ SSL (Secure Socket Layer) to ensure that members IDs, passwords and
submissions are not being intercepted.

Please refrain from encouraging people to assume false email addresses to
log onto my website and from writing directly to my email box!

Phillip Williams.

"Arthur Sowers" <arthures at magpage.com> wrote in message
news:985rgk$ps8$0 at 216.155.0.50...
> email and post...
>
> On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Professionals and Academics Network wrote:
>
> > Greetings everyone.  First of all the reason for using IE5.x was not a
> > conspiracy by Bill Gates :)
> >
> > I restrict access to IE5.x users because I built this application using
> > Visual Basic script and XML/XSL (an acronym for Extensible Markup
> > Language/Extensible Stylesheet Language), both technologies in my
opinion
> > enabled a fast turn-around and an efficient application display without
> > having you downloading executable files to your PC.
>
> So, does that mean its _always_ going to be IE 5.x only? I think you at
> least should do some explaining on the first page people get otherwise
> you'll turn them off.
>
> > The reason for asking you to register is to allow you access to
ProAcad's