Professionals and Academics Network

Richard P. Grant rpg14 at
Thu Mar 8 12:11:54 EST 2001

In article <zCNp6.7221$d47.1624171 at>,
"Professionals and Academics Network" <ads at> wrote:

<ignoring the studied insult>

> What you failed to understand in your message below is that ProAcad does
> not
> capture consumers data or analyze consumer profiles.
> ProAcad connects consumers, whose data is not collected, to professionals

> The data of the professionals and academics that join ProAcad is used for
> nothing other than being delivered to their customers or colleagues based
> on
> their requested search criteria through a search engine.

sorry - in the one instance you say information is not collected, and
then you say it is?  The professionals and academics themselves are
consumers - any information that is worth having on such a site is
valuable to vendors.  You can work out quite a lot about what such a
person would buy from their research interests.  The stated purpose of
the site is irrelevant if you do not give guarantees about the use of
the data.  The point stands.

Richard P. Grant                                     MRC Lab of Mol Biol
rpg 'at'
           -- I love the smell of phenol in the morning --