CropSeqDB - a new UK CropNet database

Keith Bradnam [NASC] keith at
Wed Mar 14 11:48:15 EST 2001

UK CropNet are pleased to announce the launch of our latest
database: CropSeqDB - a sequence database for UK crop plants.
This database has been created for two main reasons:

i) To act as a repository of sequence information for UK crop

ii) To complement our existing Arabidopsis database (AGR) by linking
sequences in CropSeqDB to their likely Arabidopsis homologue in AGR.

As a UK crop plant database, CropSeqDB only contains information for
species detailed in the MAFF National Listing of UK crop species (which
includes cereals, vegetables, oil & fibre plants, and fodder crops).

CropSeqDB currently contains nearly half a million sequences (taken from
the EMBL database) representing over 150 species.  Likely Arabidopsis
homologues have been identified for about 70% of these sequences.

CropSeqDB can be searched by EMBL accession, gene name, gene product, etc.
and all sequences with homologies are linked directly to protein entries
in the AGR database.  A BLAST server is also provided.

For more information, and to search CropSeqDB, please go to:

~  Keith Bradnam - UK CropNet ( webmaster and
~  Arabidopsis Genome Resource  ( developer.
~  Nottingham Arabidopsis Stock Centre, University Park,
~  University of Nottingham, NG7 2RD, UK.  Tel: (0115) 951 3091