Two data points

Arthur Sowers arthures at
Fri Mar 23 07:17:39 EST 2001

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Josh Halpern wrote:

> Got this weeks Science.  Checked the post-doc
> ads.  57 of them, some for multiple positions,
> nothing but bio/biomed.  A dry hole for engineering,
> physics and chemistry.  I was right and Art (as
> usual) is wrong.

I was not wrong. I did say that I have not been reading Science
recently. And, if you go back maybe 2-3 years, you will find them. Not
many but they are there.

Definitely for engineering I would not look in Sci, but I saw a few p & c
postdocs & real tenure track jobs, too.

  Arthur E. Sowers, PhD
  | Science career information website:   |
  |      |