MODY4 gene

Elisabet Einarsdottir elisabet.einarsdottir at ucmm.umu.se
Wed Jul 24 07:06:36 EST 2002

Hello there!
This is probably a long shot, but I am wondering if there is anyone out
there who has been working with the MODY genes (1-5)? And if so, if they
have any experience in PCRing up MODY4 genomic regions. We have tried to get
simple PCR products from the MODY4 exons (nothing fancy, just normal PCR
with ample template DNA), but nothing works.
Have no problems with the other MODY genes, have tried different DNA
templates, have rechecked the genomic and primer sequence, and have designed
several primerpairs, so I am running out of ideas!

Any ideas would be very much appreciated,
Elisabet Einarsdottir, PhD student
elisabet.einarsdottir at ucmm.umu.se