meat alternative?

pandm pandm at hvc.rr.com
Wed Sep 4 14:31:25 EST 2002

I am a pig and cattle farmer who's unhappy with having to kill animals to
feed humans.
I wonder if anyone can offer advice on an alternative I am interested in:

Organs, such as skin, are currently grown in the lab, dependant on chemical
nourishment, but independent of a parent organism.
How difficult would it be to grow a muscle (meat) in a lab, and what would
be the major costs involved in developing such a process  for mass
commercial use.

I'd imagine that "killing free" meat would sell extremely well, even at
twice the price of "conventional" meat.

Any advice would help,
Thanks,
Paul W.