Broad Overview of Aging Problem
lagavril at midway.uchicago.edu
Sun Feb 2 22:51:06 EST 2003
This is just a short note about new article published in
the scientific Journal of Anti-Aging Medicine:
Full published text of this scientific interview is now available at:
Journal of Anti-Aging Medicine, 2002, 5(3): 255-263.
This interview discusses the following scientific problems:
(1) What is aging, how does it occur, and how does it express itself
in human clinical disease?
(2) How has the scientific community's view of aging in general
evolved in recent years?
Is there a consensus on what aging is and how it occurs?
What are the most important controversies in the field at present?
(3) Can aging be altered, and if so, how might we intervene?
(4) What is the current state of aging research?
How could we improve on ongoing research efforts to understand and
intervene in human aging?
(5) What are the most promising avenues of research and why?
(6) What are the most significant obstacles to anti-aging medicine?
How can they best be overcome?
(7) What advice would you give those starting their careers in this
Any comments and discussions are welcome !
-- Leonid Gavrilov
Author of the book "The Biology of Life Span"
More information about the Bioforum