What's New on Howard Lovy's NanoBot

Howard Lovy hlovy at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 14 07:15:00 EST 2004

What's New on Howard Lovy's NanoBot

Nano is chocolate in Silicon's peanut butter
A couple of days ago, I met Zyvex President Tom Cellucci at an Ann Arbor
restaurant (Take a note, young entrepreneur wannabes: this high-powered
nano honcho enjoys Greek salad and hummus, while this low-powered
journalist just sat and chain-drank coffee), and we discussed a range of
issues. Among them were the short-term commercialization steps the
company is taking along the way to its goal of building a molecular
assembler.
http://nanobot.blogspot.com/2004_02_01_nanobot_archive.html#107598714129205144

Drexler: More Empty Arguments
Dear Howard, A recent review of Daniel and Mark Ratner's book,
"Nanotechnology and Homeland Security," highlights the current tactics
of the denialist camp.
http://nanobot.blogspot.com/2004_02_01_nanobot_archive.html#107668470273012406

Driving under the influence of Feynman
One of my dirty little secrets is that I listen to audiobooks from
audible.com (My commute from suburban Detroit to Ann Arbor keeps me in
my car about two hours a day). This morning, I "read" (OK, had read to
me), Richard Feynman's "The Pleasure of Finding Things Out."
http://nanobot.blogspot.com/2004_02_01_nanobot_archive.html#107641725258447010

More pieces of Feynman
In my previous post, I talked about how the nanotech founding father's
words get me through my morning commute. Feynman was big on making
science understandable to everyday slobs like me. I've written about
this subject before, and I do wish that I had been around during his
heyday. But I wonder how I would have handled this interview, relayed by
Robert P. Crease in a March 2001 article in Physics Web, Revenge of the
Science Writer.
http://nanobot.blogspot.com/2004_02_01_nanobot_archive.html#107660948892697905

Writers who know what I meme
David Pescovitz and Mark Frauenfelder, BoingBoing bloggers, NanoBot
advisers and legendary writers, have contributed some excellent work to
Small Times in the past couple of days.
http://nanobot.blogspot.com/2004_02_08_nanobot_archive.html#107670259634351579

Small Tech Business Directory is online
If I can get all commercial on you for a moment, I've been meaning to
highlight the great work going on at Small Times.
http://nanobot.blogspot.com/2004_02_01_nanobot_archive.html#107650713335572043

A Game of Risk
Joel Achenbach of the Washington Post writes: "Just when you absorb one
type of danger, someone invents a new one – SARS or avian flu or
something enigmatic called nanotechnology."
http://nanobot.blogspot.com/2004_02_01_nanobot_archive.html#107644530195891361

InstaMission
Good evening, Mr. Phelps, The Speculist and CRN have joined your IM
(InstaMail? InstaAntiModz?) Force.
http://nanobot.blogspot.com/2004_02_01_nanobot_archive.html#107643622299219119

What up with BBC doc?
Small Times London Correspondent Ben Wootliff brought this to my
attention. The BBC is airing the above documentary tonight.
http://nanobot.blogspot.com/2004_02_01_nanobot_archive.html#107600652778840366

Big honor for little blog
Thank you, Nanotechnology Now, for naming the NanoBot one of the Best of
2003. They write: "Choice post in 2003 include - but are not limited to
- Stairway to Heaven and Apocalypse Nano, The Hulk, Prince Charles and
other scary things and 2003: The Year of the Straw NanoMan.
http://nanobot.blogspot.com/2004_02_01_nanobot_archive.html#107591332352837454

Unauthorized uses of 'Nano'
As before, cease and desist orders are being sent to the following
perpetrators
http://nanobot.blogspot.com/2004_02_01_nanobot_archive.html#107642808772625836

News in a NanoSecond
 From The Guardian: "A Horizon investigation into the dangers of
nanotechnology was watched by 2.1 million, 300,000 more than watched The
Diana Conspiracy, Channel 4's investigation into the death of Diana,
Princess of Wales.
http://nanobot.blogspot.com/2004_02_01_nanobot_archive.html#107652514558023744

Advertise on the world's biggest nanoblog!
http://www.blogads.com/ipxbsempwzdpn/howardlovysnanobot/advertise

Howard Lovy
Independent commentary at
Howard Lovy's NanoBot