What's New on Howard Lovy's NanoBot

Howard Lovy hlovy at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 1 03:10:23 EST 2004

Difficult to be dispassionate
A great many people have reacted to my Small Times column from last
November, and subsequent NanoBot posts, that used the alleged MMR/autism
link to illustrate a larger point about the disconnect between
scientists and "consumers" of science.

Nanotube Business 101
Another nano news item has me reaching for my notebook today, this one
from Intel and Zyvex. Intel is figuring out how to keep computers cool,
using carbon nanotube material from Zyvex.

Carlo's just a Copycat
I've had Carlo Montemagno on my mind the past couple of days, partly
because he made the news recently with his spectacular microcyborg, and
partly because I'm working on a Small Times magazine column that
incorporates some of his work.

The Amazing Montemagno
I've written about UCLA's Carlo Montemago here, and he continues to
amaze. At right is a picture I took (all rights reserved, etc., etc.) of
Montemagno giving his Foresight Institute Feynman Prize in
Nanotechnology acceptance speech ...

Cryonics running hot and cold
Future Timeline: Futurist Re-animated Today:"An influential futurist
from the 20th century was re-animated today from cryonic suspension at
Alcor per his original request.

Oregon Trail and the Holy Grail
 From BendBulletin.com, an update on Oregon Gov. Ted Kulongoski's quest
for one of 10 Holy Grails -- a vessel in which to store federal nano funds.

Mr. Kulongoski goes to Washington
According to the Stateman Journal of Salem, Ore., Gov. Ted Kulongoski
plans to ask "Bush administration science officials" that his state get
in on federal nano dollars.

Nanoscience writers as lab rats
A project at the University of South Carolina's center for societal and
ethical implications of nanotechnology

A gem at The Emerald
I couldn't figure out why I liked this column from a student journalist
at the Oregon Daily Emerald until I recognized the familiar ring: It
sounded a lot like me at my college paper back in 1985. Poor kid.

The (Nano) Apprentice
 From USA TODAY "It's crazy," [Donald] Trump says, and that's not an
exaggeration. Not that he's shy about exaggeration. In promotional
interviews for The Apprentice, he regularly says the contestants have
IQs of 200 ...

The Nano Mikado
Libretto for the nano-opera: "Atom and Eve" By Marc Abrahams

Abstract Cart
G-quartets 40 years later: from 5'-GMP to molecular biology and
supramolecular chemistry ...

News in a NanoSecond
Molecular Nano Weapons
Piercing the Fog With a Tiny Chip
USPTO - Nanotechnology Customer Partnership Meeting