What's New on Howard Lovy's NanoBot

Howard Lovy hlovy at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 7 22:09:51 EST 2004

Nano knowledge going south? Blame Canada!
Canada's brilliant nanoscientists can grow brains on a microchip, but
when it comes to making money, the brains all drain south.
http://nanobot.blogspot.com/2004_03_01_nanobot_archive.html#107826884609759533

Peres, Peace and Purification
Former Israeli Prime Minister Shimon Peres is taking his
nanotechnology-enabled "water for peace" mission to Hong Kong. I've
written about this issue before here and here, and devoted my next Small
Times Magazine column to the subject.
http://nanobot.blogspot.com/2004_03_01_nanobot_archive.html#107849541034509874

China, garment workers and nanotechnology
Asian Labor News asked this question regarding China, garments and
nanotechnology:  China has earned a reputation in some quarters as the
world's sweatshop, particularly for conditions in its garment sector.
http://nanobot.blogspot.com/2004_03_01_nanobot_archive.html#107818124781025395

Nano Interviews on Biotech Today
Dear Howard: I'm the producer host of BioTech Today and a regular,
inconsistent reader of "Howard Lovy's NanoBot". Need to be more
consistent.   I just saw your post on " The Amazing Montemagno ".
BioTech Today interviewed Dr. Montemagno last week at NBIC 2004 in New
York. The interview aired yesterday and is archived at
http://64.78.53.214/archive.asp?aid=1257.
http://nanobot.blogspot.com/2004_03_01_nanobot_archive.html#107854357200349672

Deletion in coverage of nanotech deletion
I've never met the editors of The New Atlantis, so I'm not sure why
there's such a huge omission in an otherwise accurate and reasonable
commentary on recent political decisions and bizarre bluster in the
nanotech world.
http://nanobot.blogspot.com/2004_03_01_nanobot_archive.html#107850019967160620

MMR/autism link loosens
Childhood Vaccine-Autism Study Retracted (Associated Press)  Most of the
scientists involved in widely discredited 1998 study suggesting a link
between childhood vaccinations and autism have renounced the conclusion.
http://nanobot.blogspot.com/2004_03_01_nanobot_archive.html#107834885811229060

Mendocino voters fire warning shot
Nanotech industry: Pay close attention.  California County Bans Planting
of Biotech Crops (Reuters)  Calif. County Votes to Ban Biotech Crops
http://nanobot.blogspot.com/2004_03_01_nanobot_archive.html#107834541557187212

NanoRobots shake (do not stir) the world
Everything or Nothing: Overview: The recent theft of Oxford University's
highly classified prototype nano-robot project and the disappearance of
its overseer, Dr Katya Nadanova has casued in the global intelligence
community.
http://nanobot.blogspot.com/2004_03_01_nanobot_archive.html#107816760844289584

Developers: Go Get GLOO-ed!
Not nano, but my bro! GLOOLABS' CTO is this Dan Lovy  character.
http://nanobot.blogspot.com/2004_03_01_nanobot_archive.html#107835753112156523

News in a NanoSecond
Think nano has ethical problems? Just wrap your brain around neuro
http://nanobot.blogspot.com/2004_03_01_nanobot_archive.html#107851390930450256
Nanophase's Small Step Back
http://nanobot.blogspot.com/2004_03_01_nanobot_archive.html#107840801751961593
R&D funding battles begin
http://nanobot.blogspot.com/2004_03_01_nanobot_archive.html#107831421475259498
UK science gets 10-year plan
http://nanobot.blogspot.com/2004_03_01_nanobot_archive.html#107823137882036065
Houston must act on nanotechnology opportunities
http://nanobot.blogspot.com/2004_03_01_nanobot_archive.html#107816316121338904