[Bioforum] Re: Genetic Mechanism

Bob bbx107 at excite.com
Sun Jun 12 15:40:18 EST 2005

On 15 May 2005 13:06:18 -0700, parvona at hotmail.com wrote:

>Im currently struggling on a few uni questions
>and i wonder if somebody
>could offer me some advice.  I have inclosed the following question.
>Each question has a word missing, and these are required to be filled
>in.  Please can you advise?
># Luciferase is example of a (8 letters + 4 letters) used to indentify
>regulatory elements important in the control of gene expression

Beta-galactosidase and "GUS" would be other examples of this kind of
gene. Put a gene that is easy to measure "behind" the regulatory
sequence to be tested, and see how it responds.

Have you seen the light? :-)

># Placing genes in tightly folded condensed (15 letters ) can inhibite

like chromatin? or nucleosomes -- but with more condensation?

># Steriod hormones receptors are an example of (4 letter + 6 letters)
>class of transcription factor.

How have you classified transcription factors?