[Bioforum] Re: Genetic Mechanism

Tex Bandrew bioteknolog at yahoo.dk
Sun Jun 12 15:40:19 EST 2005

# Luciferase is example of a (8 letters + 4 letters) used to indentify
regulatory elements important in the control of gene expression

Reporter gene

# Placing genes in tightly folded condensed (15 letters ) can inhibite
transcription

Heterochromatin

# Steriod hormones receptors are an example of (4 letter + 6 letters)
class of transcription factor.

Zinc finger

The last one is a bit sought. Generaly i would callify it as a
ligand-binding receptor.

Tex Bandrew

news:1116187578.395161.44340 at z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...