Sterens, knowledge revealed

fbonsignore at beethoven.com fbonsignore at beethoven.com
Fri Mar 11 23:00:35 EST 2005

Now, the question opens up itself, why reveal?

There are several possibilities, but first, it was not a revelation, it
was more a construction, few words and phrases and coincidences sewing
themselves together tilthey formed a coherent image, more like a...
Rorscharch inkspot... a partly constructed frame upon which you (I)
pour dow you mids contents, which in this time and moment in my case
had to do with my life problematic and the meditations on the
implications of my works, my philosophy...

Because they want me to become immortal.. but then why not a stern
approach? You cannot be steren and historical! One of the hints, a
tradeoff, hard to swallow and rich in meanings and... manipulation.

Because they want me to commit crimes incriminate me... That is, pure
hate and bad will. As it is one of their conditions, their tests... Of
course, unless you have the inclination you won`t commit crimes, and
much less crimes as gross as those they implied and suggested...

To use me! That makes sense, to take advantage of what I can do, of
what I can create and have written here and elsewhere. It matches the
scheme, the purpose, and also the implied offer... my offer,
suggestively lured out of me...

To create insanity... another plot, a victim, a test of solidity, some
gain after all...

To justify an impersonation! Suddenly, you are not yourself, you are
somebody else, they can change your name, deny you, say `he looks like
X, but he is not X, he is Y, because he is a Steren!`. And Sterens are
Monsters, devils, not what they seem, so you are implied again,
something to be fought, to be shunned, even by the mere trap of writing
about it! And convinced... what are you? A murderer, canibal, immortal,
a parasite, something to be loathed, feared, admired, envied... and
definitely double, ambiguous, and, most important, not YOU! If it so
pleases them... the hidden party, the one making the revelation... the
manipulators, applying an empty container to see what the individual
comes up with...

But in commonplace reality the Sterens are easily... simulated. Bring
people similar to people you know, throw in a few rumors, a few news
pointing and reinforcing the impression... photos? NO problem, you can
create whatever you want with photos, cinema has shown us, even the
illusion of regenerating! Miracles to go! How far? Even to the extreme
of finding mutilated individuals to create the illusion? In six billion
people, how many similar characteristics you can find in somebody else
to convince others that he/she has *changed*? Even yourself end up
being only one of a continuum (an idea I`ve entertained many times
since a woman insisted that she was actually quite common, despite my
guarantees that she was not). Expensive, sure, but possible, definitely
possible to create an illusion of reality, of a new reality, to...
manipulate...

And yet, the posibilities of biology, the stories, the myths...how many
more realities are we to find through science, through the conscious
and purposeful application of science and technology to mold the world
the way we want? Because what we imagine can be created, as Verne
suggested, someday, somewhere, and more things remain hidden than we
can actually see. A mystery, which undoubtedly would not be as easily
revealed, but yet may be there somewhere, both as an ultimate reality
to be found and as a recipe to

Fabrizio J Bonsignore, now Danilo J Bonsignore