[Bioforum] Re: BIONET is public, we have to live with it.

Brian Fristensky frist at cc.umanitoba.ca
Tue Aug 15 10:50:09 EST 2006

Christian Praetorius wrote:
> tarweed at gmail.com wrote:
>

>>Sometimes our ideas are good sometimes they are very
>>dumb/stupid/misguided.  Thats live.  A newsgroup is public -- a place
>>for sharing those ideas good and bad.
>

> And in most of the cases you only learn in a discussion to decide
> between the good and not so good ideas. People must only accept, that
> it is no shame to have ideas, which are not so good.
>
> Christian

Great point! That is perhaps one of the most important contributions
that discussion groups can make -- to show people that it
is okay to change your mind.

======================================
Brian Fristensky
Department of Plant Science
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3T 2N2  CANADA
frist at cc.umanitoba.ca
Phone:            204-474-6085
FAX:              204-474-7528
http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~frist/

Who says plant scientists don't have any fun?

"Wild sex in the grasses"
Trends in Plant Science Vol. 11 No. 6 pp 261-263, 2006
Jason Able and Peter Langridge
University of Adelaide
School of Agriculture, Food & Wine