[Bioforum] Re: Bioinformatics question: Automate Blast query

kdt via bioforum%40net.bio.net (by dorjetarap from googlemail.com)
Sun Dec 9 05:57:15 EST 2007

On Dec 9, 12:08 am, Red <R... from nospam.com> wrote:
> I'd like to find source code for accessing Blast databases. Pref
> C/C++/C#, but anything will help.
>
> Thanks

Not sure about mid level languages, but the bioperl library has a
module called remoteblast that does what you need.

http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Module:Bio::Tools::Run::RemoteBlast

It may be worth checking out biopython, bioruby or biojava if you are
more familiar with any of these languages. I think they should have
some similar module.