[Bioforum] Re: Bioinformatics question: Automate Blast query

Red via bioforum%40net.bio.net (by Red from nospam.com)
Sun Dec 23 01:25:16 EST 2007

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 02:57:15 -0800 (PST), kdt
<dorjetarap from googlemail.com> wrote:

>On Dec 9, 12:08 am, Red <R... from nospam.com> wrote:
>> I'd like to find source code for accessing Blast databases. Pref
>> C/C++/C#, but anything will help.
>>
>> Thanks
>
>Not sure about mid level languages, but the bioperl library has a
>module called remoteblast that does what you need.
>
>http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Module:Bio::Tools::Run::RemoteBlast
>
>It may be worth checking out biopython, bioruby or biojava if you are
>more familiar with any of these languages. I think they should have
>some similar module.

A belated thanks for your reply!  I never saw it until today. My other
ISP probably filtered it (the sporge floods don't show up there
either, but I guess their filter is too aggressive).

I'll definitely check the links that you recommended. Probably easy
enough to translate to C++ or C#.