[Bioforum] workshop on Data Mining for Biomedical Informatics at SDM08

javeda from cs.rpi.edu via bioforum%40net.bio.net (by javeda from cs.rpi.edu)
Fri Dec 28 18:16:02 EST 2007

Dear Colleague:

We would like to bring to your attention a workshop on Data Mining for
Biomedical Informatics at the SIAM International Conference on Data Mining
(SDM08), in Atlanta, Georgia, April 24 - 26, 2008.

This is the second workshop in the series of Data Mining for Biomedical
Informatics workshops held in conjunction with SDM. The URL for the
workshop is:

http://www.cs.rpi.edu/DMBIO08/

This workshop intends to provide a venue to facilitate the exchange of
ideas between scientists in computer science, biology, mathematics and
clinical research by bringing together researchers to discuss and present
sources of data, research topics that may be addressed by such data, and
data mining algorithms that may be used to analyze them. We encourage the
submission of papers that use techniques from disciplines such as
statistics, linear algebra, functional analysis, and signal processing,
applied in some biomedical domain, as well as papers exposing rich sources
of publicly available biomedical data that are of interest to the data
mining community.

Important Dates
===============

Papers due: January 11, 2008
Notification of acceptance: January 20, 2008
Final version: February 4, 2008
Workshop: April 26, 2008

We are looking forward to receiving your submission.

With best regards,

Asif Javed,
Publicity Chair      javeda from cs.rpi.edu

On behalf of the organizers

Petros Drineas       drinep from cs.rpi.edu
Michael W. Mahoney   mahoney from yahoo-inc.com
Rui Kuang            kuang from cs.umn.edu