[Bioforum] Question: Blood (serum) clotting - Help!

Don Shin via bioforum%40net.bio.net (by dshin from ucla.edu)
Tue Mar 25 16:57:25 EST 2008

Dear Laurie,

I found your post from 1998 using a Google search and was wondering
if you ever found a resolution to your problem regarding "serum
clots." I recently began a study in which I need to isolate serum
(from rodents), and for reasons that are unclear, I am getting a
thick clot (presumably fibrin) that makes it almost impossible to
obtain a useable amount of serum. Clotting time, temperature, and
spinning speed do not seem to affect the result.  Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.
Don Shin