[Bioforum] Re: question

Dr Engelbert Buxbaum via bioforum%40net.bio.net (by engelbert_buxbaum from hotmail.com)
Fri Nov 21 12:08:23 EST 2008

Am 18.11.2008, 11:19 Uhr, schrieb Sukanya Majumder <smajumde from uvm.edu>:

> Hello,
> I have the Fiske Subbarao reagent for measuring inorganic phosphate from
> Sigma, but I don't know how to make solution from it, as no ratio of
> suifonic acid, Na sulphite, Na metabisulphite is been written on the
> bottle.

A search in the literature (e.g. with google scholar) should quickly guide
you to the original publication (J.Biol.Chem. 66 (1925) 375), which is
freely available online even if your library doesn't have it.

Pre-mixed reagent sets from various suppliers can save a lot of time (and
hence money), but there is a danger associated with them: Unless you are
careful you become a kit-chemist, incapable of independent work and
without idea of what you are actually doing.