[Bioforum] Ibuprofen

Lief Erikson via bioforum%40net.bio.net (by ishunara from gmail.com)
Mon Jul 27 11:15:46 EST 2009

Well, this is 14 years late, but...

Ibuprofen's chemical makeup is C13H18O2.
http://scripts.iucr.org/cgi-bin/paper?S0108270197003193

I just thought is would be fun to reply to a post fourteen years old.
Hi!

I'm not a med geek, I'm a computer geek.  A friend of mine ( a med
geek ) asked me to track down a list of chemicals that go into the
manufacture of Ibuprofen.  Does anyone know where to look?

She's got a paper due tomorrow, has the molecular outline, etc... just
not the base chemicals that go into its manufacture.

She challenged me to find this information on the Net.  I think I've
done a good job just finding the chemical name (
Alpha-Methyl-4-(2-methylpropyl)benzeneacetic acid )

Please help!

I'll owe you a computer geek favor :)

Regards,

Malcolm Mead