[Bioforum] Distance courses in bioinformatics and computational biology

Heather Vincent via bioforum%40net.bio.net (by Heather.Vincent from manchester.ac.uk)
Wed Sep 16 01:10:14 EST 2009

At the University of Manchester, UK, we have over 10 years experience in
running a range of online courses in computational biology.  These
courses are designed to enable biologists and computer scientists to
update their skills while remaining in the workplace.  They are also
very suitable for home study, helping you to keep in touch with a
research environment while taking a career break.

The courses beginning on 5 October 2009 include:

Introduction to Bioinformatics
Bioinformatics for Systems Biology

'Introduction for Bioinformatics' covers the methods for sequence data.
  It would be a useful course for people interested in areas such as
metagenomics or multi-locus sequence typing.

We are also have funding from the BBSRC to develop new courses in
computational systems biology.  The first of these courses,
Bioinformatics for Systems Biology, is running in October.  It will be
followed by :

Mathematics for metabolic modelling
Computational simulation and analysis of biochemical networks

You will find further information, including fees and a link to the
online application form, here:
http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/index.html  If you have any
questions, or need advice on the module options, please contact
Heather.Vincent from manchester.ac.uk