[Bioforum] Distance courses from the University of Manchester, UK

Heather Vincent via bioforum%40net.bio.net (by Heather.Vincent from manchester.ac.uk)
Tue Dec 14 16:00:13 EST 2010

We continue to offer a range of online courses in bioinformatics, health
informatics and systems biology.  The courses beginning in March 2011
include :

Introduction to microarray data analysis
Introduction to BioHealth Informatics
Mathematics for metabolic modelling

Our popular microarray course has been extended this year to include a
short section on RNA-seq.

BioHealth Informatics is a rapidly developing multi-disciplinary field
that combines biological and genetic information with clinical data and
computer information systems.  This new online course has been developed
from our experience in teaching biohealth informatics on campus.

Mathematics for metabolic modelling is designed to prepare people for
our advanced web-based course in Computational Systems Biology, which
runs in October.

All of our courses are designed to enable those with a background in the
life sciences, computer science, mathematics or related disciplines to
update their skills, while remaining in the workplace.  The courses are
also very suitable for home study, helping you to keep in touch with a
research environment while taking a career break.

For further information, please visit our programme website :
http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/index.html

If you have any questions, or would like advice on the options, please
contact the office for Advanced Professional Education (ape from cs.man.ac.uk).