[Bioforum] cloning of amylase from b.licheniformis

Nikola Loncar via bioforum%40net.bio.net (by hemicar085 from yahoo.com)
Mon Feb 8 13:43:51 EST 2010

Hi to everyone,

I am new in this forum but it seems really helpfull to have gathered big science population at one site. I need a detailed advice - I have isolated an amylase from B.licheniformis strian. It has very good characteristics but the production is very low so I want to clone this enzyme into e.coli. Can someone please tell me step by step what I should do? I am a biochemist and my speciality is purifying proteins but now my boss want me to learn cloning.

thank in advance!
Nikola Loncar