[Bioforum] Web-based courses in computational biology

Heather Vincent via bioforum%40net.bio.net (by Heather.Vincent from manchester.ac.uk)
Mon Jun 21 10:41:37 EST 2010

At the University of Manchester, UK, we have over 10 years experience in
teaching a range of online courses in computational biology.  These
courses are designed to enable those with a background in the life
sciences, computer science, mathematics or related disciplines to update
their skills, while remaining in the workplace.  The courses are also
very suitable for home study, helping you to keep in touch with a
research environment while taking a career break.

The modules running next semester, from October 2010, will be :

Introduction to software development in Java
Bioinformatics for Systems Biology
Introduction to Health Informatics
Biocomputing
Computational Systems Biology

These modules can be studied individually, or you can choose to register
for a formal qualification.  Those wishing to progress to the MSc will
complete a supported research project.  Examples of projects that have
been published in a range of journals are listed here :
http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/research/index.html

For further information, please visit our programme website :
http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/index.html

If you have any questions, or would like advice on the options, please
contact Heather.Vincent from manchester.ac.uk