[Bioforum] Reminder: Yahoo!'s 2011 Key Scientific Challenges Progam
- Applications are due March 11th
(by jamieloc from yahoo-inc.com)
Fri Feb 25 14:47:29 EST 2011
We are thrilled to announce Yahoo!'s third annual Key Scientific Challenges Program. This is your chance to get an inside look at-and help tackle-the big challenges that Yahoo! and the entire Internet industry are facing today. As part of the Key Scientific Challenges Program you'll gain access to Yahoo!'s world-class scientists, some of the richest and largest data repositories in the world, and have the potential to make a huge impact on the future of the Internet while driving your research forward.
THE CHALLENGES AREAS INCLUDE:
- Search Experiences
- Machine Learning
- Data Management
- Information Extraction
- Computational Advertising
- Social Sciences
- Green Computing
KEY SCIENTIFIC CHALLENGES AWARD RECIPIENTS RECEIVE:
- $5,000 unrestricted research seed funding which can be used for conference fees and travel, lab materials, professional society membership dues, etc.
- Access to select Yahoo! datasets
- The unique opportunity to collaborate with our industry-leading scientists
- An invitation to this summer's exclusive Key Scientific Challenges Graduate Student Summit where you'll join the top minds in academia and industry to present your work, discuss research trends and jointly develop revolutionary approaches to fundamental problems
CRITERIA: To be eligible, you must be currently enrolled in a PhD program at any accredited institution.
We're accepting applications from January 24th - March 11th, 2011 and winners will be announced by mid April 2011.
To learn more about the program and how to apply, visit http://labs.yahoo.com/ksc.
More information about the Bioforum