Where has the Matrix gone? Long time passes.

Thu Aug 2 18:01:49 EST 1990

I have been sitting here patiently waiting for at least one of the
many Matrix meeting participants to post something from their
presentations at the recent meeting or at least post a question about
something that was presented.  So far nothing but

			       SILENCE

I hate to be overbearing, but I'll start the discussion off myself
(sigh) in a few more days by posting a summary of my talk in the
Electronic Communications session.  I hope that someone will beat me
to the punch.  If ***this group*** can't get an electronic forum to
succeed, then I will probably conclude that biological bulletin boards
will probably be restricted to methods questions, job postings,
journal contents, meeting announcements, sequence data distribution,
and the like.  Is it really true that biologists can't discuss science
in this kind of electronic forum????  I sure hope not.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				GenBank On-line Service Manager

				kristoff at genbank.bio.net

P.S. - these are the posting addresses for BIO-MATRIX:

Address					Location	Network
biomatrx at irlearn.ucd.ie			Ireland		EARN/BITNET
biomatrx at uk.ac.daresbury		U.K.		JANET
bio-matrix at bmc.uu.se			Sweden		Internet