NBRF/PIR Is Back Up!

POSTMAST at gunbrf.bitnet POSTMAST at gunbrf.bitnet
Fri Oct 19 16:43:00 EST 1990

To our users,
The staff of the National Biomedical Research Foundation Protein Identification
Resource wishes to apologize to our on-line and network-server users for any
delays or interruptions in responding to your requests since Tuesday.  We have
been struck by a devastating series of accidents; a fuel oil spill in the
building on Tuesday forced the evacuation of our normal staff through Friday,
our computer system failed on Wednesday due to the ventilation shut-off in the
building, and Thursday night a storm struck Washington causing a power failure.
We are recovering slowly and cautiously.
When our full staff returns next week, we hope we can respond more completely to
your requests.  If you did not receive a response to a network-server request,
please resubmit the request to FILESERV at GUNBRF.
                                 Dr. John S. Garavelli
                                 Database Coordinator
                                 Protein Identification Resource
                                 National Biomedical Research Foundation