Oh foolish supporters of genome sequencing

David Kristofferson kristoff at genbank.bio.net
Tue Feb 12 11:23:44 EST 1991

> (1) The contention that scientists should somehow be fulfilled "not doing
> real science," which seems like a self-contradictory sentence,

ARGGHHH 8-)!!!!  Perhaps my writing is extremely unclear, but, after a
couple of attempts at clarification, this "paraphrase" still shows a
misunderstanding of my position.  I hope others who did not have a
direct involvement in this exchange understood what I was trying to
say.  It was never my intention to try and "convert" Dr.  Ellington,
but only to speak to those scientists who were *already* tired of
"real science" and let them know that, despite the trauma one can
experience in deciding to leave research, there are other fulfilling
career options out there.  Enough said on this topic.

Dave Kristofferson