genome project

Keith Elliston elliston at av8tr.UUCP
Wed Feb 13 09:03:03 EST 1991

Just one more thought on the whole genome initiative.....

Are we really justified in spending the large amount of $$ and time
that it will take to sequence the genome, when we are only interested
in the sequence of G's, A's, T's and C's???  Are we ready to ignore
any and all base modifications that occur?  Do we really know that
the only information that is important is the sequence of the four
bases, and not any other information.

I have not heard any address this issue.  Anyone want to give it a shot?

Keith Elliston
(No Woofs or Non-Woofs.... :)
--
Keith O. Elliston          elliston at av8tr.UUCP           elliston at msdrl.com
AA5A N9734U                elliston at mbcl.rutgers.edu     elliston at biovax.bitnet

"Fly because you have to, to keep some semblance of sanity."