simulations

Larry Hunter hunter at work.nlm.nih.gov
Fri Mar 1 14:45:41 EST 1991

Douglas Wilison asks about neuronal simulation programs and techniques
for the simulation of pharmcology of individual neurons.  Doing
detailed, realistic computer models of neurons (as would be needed for
most inquiries in pharmacology) is technically and conceptually
challenging.  I suspect it will be difficult to find an adequate
package that runs on a PC, but I do have a  reference I would
suggest:

"Connectionist Modelling and Brain Function: The Developing
Interface," ed. by S.J. Hanson and C.R. Olson, MIT Press 1990.

This book contains both excellent review chapters and several
specific models.  I hope you find it helpful.

					Larry
--
Lawrence Hunter, PhD.
National Library of Medicine