Weizmann Institute EMBNet node

Fri Nov 6 15:09:51 EST 1992

> Neteers,
>
> Am I right in thinking there is a sequence retrieval service in Israel that
> is available.  I dont get a peep out of the NCBI and EMBL is a bit slow
> in turnaround.  Any other pointers to other (faster but equally current) nodes
> would be much appreciated.
>
> Ta,
>
> Tony P.
>
>  +----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
>  | Dr.Tony Parsons,			VOX   : + 44 304 616871	              |
>  | IT Department,			FAX   : + 44 304 616670               |
>  | Pfizer Central Research,				 		      |
>  | Ramsgate Road,  +----------------------   e-mail   ------------------------+
>  | Sandwich,       |JANET      : parsons_a at uk.co.pcr.snd01                    |
>  | KENT	           |Internet   : parsons_a at snd01.pcr.co.uk	       	      |
>  | CT13 9NJ UK	   |Compuserve : 100064,765    PSImail:234216700127.parsons_a |
>  +-----------------+----------------------------------------------------------+

Tony,

	As you may know the mail gateways into the U.K. have a
tendency to jam on occasion at nsfnet-relay.ac.uk, so it may not be
NCBI's problem.  Their reply to you might be queued somewhere.  NCBI's
service is usually very fast.  You should notify them (I'll cc them on
this) if you're having problems (info at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov).

	As a general rule, everyone should contact the group in charge
first.  I too have had cases in the past of hearing about system
problems from third parties instead of having people contact me
directly.

Dave