Where are the Bio-Matricians?

Dan Davison Davison at UH.EDU
Tue Apr 27 11:08:44 EST 1993

Peter Jensen said:
> It would be nice to have an "aimb"-like database for Bio-matricians.
> I can compile one of these if interest is high enough, mail me your info
> using the same format for aimb (look in ncbi.nlm.nih.gov).

The AIMB database *is* the "biomatrician" database. The two groups
completely overlap at present.

> Seems there hasn't been much traffic on this newsgroup of late - are there
> any ongoing projects?  Or has the idea been subsumed under the genome
> project & its appendages?  Shouldn't it be the one subsuming?

The project is in stasis; we haven't been able to recruit new people
into the gorup and the people who were active are pursuing other
things (like the IS/MB conference mentioned here last week).

> Is it only a dream?

The organized group, yes.  The ideas, no.  There are lots of
biomatrix-related projects going on; it is just that there does not
seem to be a need for an organization just yet.  The mailing
list/newsgroup could be used to let others know of biomatrix-related
activities, but isn't.

dan davison

Houston/4800 Calhoun/Houston,TX 77204-5934/davison at uh.edu/DAVISON at UHOU

"Without the voice of reason, every faith is its own curse" -- Sting

myself.